The Barbarian Librarian clued me in to a holiday promotion by Chronicle Books. All I had to do was come up with a wish list of books from Chronicle totaling up to $500.00, blog about it, and then I'd be entered to win the list and a lucky blog commenter could win it too. I made it to $497.84...whew!
- Applique Your Way by Katye Taylor - I love applique!
- The Sock Monkey & Friends Kit by Samantha Fisher and Cary Lane - With a niece and nephews on the way and years of present-making ahead of me, I'd say this one is a winner!
- 1, 2, 3 Sew by Ellen Luckett Baker - Projects in groups of three.
- Girl's World by Jennifer Paganelli - I mentioned that niece, right?
- Whip Up Mini Quilts by Kathleen Ricketson - Someday I will make a quilt, so should start with a mini one.
- Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter - Fun!
- Simple Sewing for Baby by Lotta Jansdotter - One niece comes out tomorrow, one nephew comes out on the 7th...better get sewing!
- French General: Home Sewn by Kaari Meng - The author "scours the French countryside and Parisian fleamarkets for vintage treasures." Um, SOLD!
- The Pillow Book by Shannon Okey - This was going to be the name of my erotic bookstore, but maybe I'll just make pillows instead of pursuing that dream.
- In Stitches by Amy Butler - Amy Butler; still not convinced that I like her stuff.
- Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Fuzzy Felted Friends - I love Japanese crafts!
- Embroidered Effects by Jenny Hart - I love Sublime Stitching.
- Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Wooly Embroidery - My embroidery class used this book as an example of good techniques and projects.
- Field Guide to Knitting by Jackie Pawlowski - Someday I will learn to knit.
- The Sock Knitting Kit by Alyce Benevides and Jacqueline Milles - And then I will knit socks.
- Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden - And when I learn to crochet, I'm making monsters.
- Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Lacy Crochet! - I love this Kyuuto! series.
I like to make aprons, so here are some food-related books
- Cake Pops by Bakerella - I don't know if I'd do anything more than gaze longingly at each picture.
- Yum-Yum Bento Box by Crystal Watanabe and Maki Ogawa - No patience for the execution of ornate bento boxes, but I love staring at the photos.
- Farmers' Market Desserts by Jennie Schacht - Yummy!
- Fresh from the Farmers' Market by Janet Fletcher - I suppose I just can't eat dessert all the time.
- Let's Cook Japanese Food by Amy Kaneko - I love Japanese home cooking.
- Crepes by Lou Seibert Pappas - With nutella, I hope.
And just because I love vintage, crafts, and vintage crafts, I am including Vintage Craft Workshop by Cathy Callahan, which will be available in February 2011.