I've had these two unfinished shirts sitting in my sewing basket for a long time. One was started in the Summer of 2008 and I got hung up on the buttons, because my button-holer decided to keep jamming every time I attempted to use it. The other shirt was started in the early Summer of 2009 and got shoved in the sewing basket, because the dog ate my thread. I decided that I would finally get around to working on all of these unfinished projects, so I tackled these two shirts last night.
I used Kwik Sew 3436, View A, for this shirt. I had made View B previously, but wanted to make something with the long puffy sleeves. It is a really quick and easy pattern and I love the fabric that I used with this shirt. I don't remember where I came by the fabric, but it is definitely a yard sale find! The buttons were purchased from a little store in Felton, CA that is now out of business. I was not keen on them at first, but fellow Sewer Slut, Susan N., and our former sewing teacher convinced me that these would work and they were right! Here's a close-up of the buttons and the print:
Next up is a vintage Simplicity pattern, #7983 circa 1977. I found this pattern at a yard sale last year and decided to pair it with some red bandana fabric. I chose to do View 3 (the pink and yellow examples on the pattern). I opted out of the ribbon trim out of sheer laziness -- I did not want to go to the store to pick out the appropriately sized ribbon. I considered using mystery lace, but decided that was too much trouble as well. It was a pretty easy pattern. I'm not sure that I would make it again, because it is not the most flattering on me and the sleeves are a bit drafty.