Friday, August 6, 2010

Pajama Party

I'm tired of wearing workout pants to bed at night (though they are comfy and convenient if one decides to just roll out of bed and go running).  I decided to make some pajamas.  I went through my fabric stash and evaluated them on their softness and girly floral patterns.
So I made these pajama bottoms from the Betz White Sewing Green "Lounge Pants" pattern.  Size L, of course, for a nice cozy fit through the hips and thighs.  The pattern is for a 29" inseam, which I do not have.  The pattern also suggests some cuffs in a contrasting hue, but for some reason my seams did not align, so I gave up on them.
They're pretty comfy so far.  I'm wearing them to bed tonight and if I like the way they feel, I have a few more soft fabrics lined up for some additional pairs.  Mr. Kitty has already given them his seal of approval...
I also decided to try making a nightie.  I had McCall's M5248 on hand, so I made a medium, the largest size my pattern offered.  My bottom half is not a medium, so I added a bit to the pattern to adjust to my personal measurements.  The bodice portion of the nightie turned out way too big, though I am sized correctly for a medium in that department.  I fixed that problem, but I still don't like the way it fits.  And besides, I don't like nighties anyway.  Halfway through the night the whole thing gets bunched up around my waist.  Useless!
Anyway, now that I am all outfitted with some new pajamas, who wants to come by for a sleepover?  We can play the Mystery Date Game and see which stud or bozo is behind that Mystery Door...

1 comment:

Sara said...

OH MY GOD THAT GAME!! I'll come! (Pajamas look nice, too.)